- There will be one competition floor, with judging being done on a second floor.
- All competitors must be employed by or be a financial member of H&BNZ or affiliated as a Competition Member.
- All entries must be on the official online entry form and accompanied by the appropriate entry fee.
- The entry fee includes entry for the competitor and model only. A $20 entry fee applies to everyone else.
- All New Talent and Next Generation entries shall have a statement signed by their employer confirming years worked, including any full-time pre-trade courses.
- A competitor MAY NOT BE A MODEL IN ANY EVENT.
- Models must be 16 years of age or older.
- Competitors shall supply all the equipment they require (mirrors and chairs will be provided).
- Only products from the Official Supporters List are to be used on the competition floor (Wella, L’Oreal, Schwarzkopf, Goldwell, Keune & Barber Brand products – Slick Gorilla, Bearded Chap, Baxter of California, The Bluebeards Revenge, Capt Fawcett’s Moustache Wax, Cavalry, Dapper Dan, JS Sloane, Layrite).
- No preparation space will be available at the venue. Preparation must be done prior to arrival.
- All electrical equipment must be tested and tagged. Any un-tagged electrical equipment must not be used.
- All work shall be the work of the competitor.
- In Cutting events all heads of hair must be reshaped and shortened. No guidelines are to be pre-cut. If hair pieces/extensions are allowed they must also be reshaped and shortened within the time allowed.
- While any competition is in progress, scrutineers will be on the floor and competitors will observe their directions. Scrutineers must meet with the Steward half an hour prior to the start of the competition day. Scrutineers do not need to be qualified stylists.
- Any competitor on the floor with any complaint or query is to refer the complaint or query through a Scrutineer to the Steward.
- A competitor who is known to have contravened the rules prior to or during the competition will be disqualified (This can only be done by the Steward) and awarded no marks (0 will be entered into the marking sheet).
- If a competitor has been disqualified, the Steward will notify them after the judging of the event.
- Prior to judging, capes will be removed by the competitor.
- The use of cutting stools on the competition floor is not permitted due to venue layout.
- There will not be a photographer at the competitions but there will be an area with lighting where photos can be taken.
- Competitors and models (as presented on the floor) must be present at prize giving, returning to the Crystal Room at 5.15pm and winners will be announced at 5.30pm, prior to the Industry Awards.
- H&BNZ competition prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Cancellation Policy
Should it be necessary for you to cancel your live competition entry, please email: email@example.com.
Cancellations made before 6 September will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made on or after 6 September 2023 are non-refundable.