NZARH Hair Industry Guidelines
Individual businesses may need to adapt the guidelines to their specific circumstances, but the overall intent of this document should still be applied in all cases. These guidelines are expected to develop and evolve as requirements change from Government and industry experience and are to be treated as working documents.
New Zealand’s COVID-19 alert system specifies public health and social measures to be taken against
COVID-19. The guidelines in this document are designed for the hair industry operating within COVID-19 alert level 2 and below. As we move between alert levels the guidelines will indicate what we need to do to operate and plan for the kinds of restrictions we may be required to put in place.
The goals of this document are to:
- Keep workers and the wider community healthy and safe by preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Apply relevant guidance from the Ministry of Health and other Government agencies to the hair industry.
- Encourage a safe and respectful work environment and good communication between staff, clients and the wider community.
- Be used alongside your usual health and safety policy to ensure staff and clients are safe in salons/barbershops.
- NZARH is committed to working alongside Government to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- As an industry, we are united against COVID-19 and will do our utmost to protect our staff, clients, the wider community and New Zealand.
- We are in this together – this means trusting those we work with will keep us safe and that we’ll do the same for them and our clients.
NZARH recognises that we must work together to ensure the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the Hair and Barber Industry.
For information on what COVID-19 is, what the symptoms are, and how it spreads, visit https://www.covid19.govt.nz
There are no reviews yet.