2024 DATES AND CATEGORIES COMING SOON!
All finalists will receive a certificate, and the winner will receive a certificate, a trophy and $250 to spend with a H&BNZ Corporate Member.
Under 4 years in the industry (Next Generation) – #HBNZinstacompNG
A competitor who has been employed within the hair industry for less than four (4) years as of the 31st October 2023, including any full-time pre-trade course, or a fully contracted apprentice.
Over 4 years in the industry (Senior) – #HBNZinstacomps
A competitor who has been employed in the hair industry for four (4) years or more, including any full-time pre-trade training courses as at the 31st October 2023.
March | Competition 1
Hairdressing – Before & After – CLOSED
May | Competitions 2 & 3
Barbering – Before & After – CLOSED
Hairdressing – Long Hair – CLOSED
July | Competition 4
Hairdressing Colour – ENTRIES OPEN
September | Competition 5
Barbering – Classic Cut
- All entries must tag the correct hashtags to be counted as an entry.
- Before & After images must be entered on ONE tile.
- These competitions are free to enter for H&BNZ members, who are welcome to enter up to 5 entries per competition.
- An entry fee of $10 per entry applies for non members, and payment must be received by the end of the month the competition closes. All non-members MUST complete an entry form. Up to 5 entries per competition are allowed.
- Make sure the name and salon/barbershop of the person entering is clearly stated but no writing or branding is allowed on the tile.
- H&BNZ Judges are not eligible to compete in these events but can enter and are encouraged to enter, The Industry Awards including the Creatives, Business, and Training Awards.
- Co-workers/employees/employers of H&BNZ Judges are eligible to enter. For a situation where a Judge is judging their co-workers/ employee/employer’s work, those Judge’s marks won’t be counted.
- H&BNZ trusts entrants to be honest about their experience level. Any entries found not to meet the rules will be disqualified.
- H&BNZ trusts entries to be the work of that entrant for the competition they’re entering. Any entries found not to meet the rules will be disqualified.
- Entries must be completed, (and photographed) on a paying client, in a commercial salon/barbershop, and not set up at a photoshoot.
- A competitor may not use their own hair to create an entry.
- Clients under the age of 16 must provide a consent release form (click here for form) signed by a parent or guardian. This is for you to keep and H&BNZ may call for it at any time.
- Barbers and hairdressers are eligible to enter any event, as long as their work matches the criteria of the category.
- Entries open on 1st day of each month, and close 11:59pm on the last day of the month.
- By entering, you and your client and any associates consent to the use of your image by H&BNZ.
- The official placing in all competitions shall be final.
- Instagram accounts used to post entries must not be on private.
- Any competitor with any complaint or query is to contact the H&BNZ office immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- H&BNZ Instagram Challenge prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- An image of the same look may be entered in multiple competitions, provided it meets the requirements for each separate competition.
- Photos must be taken on a mobile device, with no filters applied to the hair or background.
- Professional photoshoots are not permitted.
- Photos may not have any enhancements.
If you are unsure of any of the rules, please email email@example.com
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
Queries or Recommendations
H&BNZ will answer any queries and consider any recommendations from any interested party if presented in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org